A simple 5 ingredient recipe that takes just a few minutes to put together, uses no special equipment, is gluten and dairy-free and makes a delicious, super-crispy and chewy almond butter cookie.
If you are always looking for something to snack on during Passover, these are a great option. If you want to gild the lily, add some chopped cholate, diced dried apricots or other dried fruits!
Almond Butter Cookies
Dairy and gluten-free, these crispy, chewy cookies are a great Passover snack.
Ingredients• 340 grams (12 oz.) light brown sugar (1 ½ cups packed)
• 1 ¼ cups almond butter (100% almonds with no added ingredients)
• 2 large eggs
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract
• ½ tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and use a large spoon to mix everything together, making sure all of the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Use a Tablespoon to scoop the dough and drop it on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Leave plenty of room between the cookies because they spread out quite a bit when they bake. Use a fork or your hand to gently flatten the dough.
- Bake two trays at a time on the middle racks of the oven for 7 minutes, turn the trays and switch their positions and bake another 6-7 minutes until the edges are golden brown and the tops of the cookies are no longer shiny.
- Remove from the oven and cool. Once cooled transfer to an air-tight container or freezer bag. You can keep these on your counter for a week or freeze.
Makes 36-40 cookies.