This deceptively simple side dish is a favorite of mine. Carrots and dill have always been one of my favorite combinations (my Carrot Dill soup has always been one of my most popular soup recipes). Adding honey contributes a nice touch of sweetness and helps to glaze the carrots. It’s a modern, simplified take on the sweet carrot tzimmes dish often served at holidays.
The rainbow carrots I use are readily available where I live and I feel like they make the dish a little more special for the holidays. If they’re not available near you, replace them with all orange carrots. They’ll still be delicious.
Honey Dill Glazed Carrots
These organic rainbow carrots are available in many stores here but if you can’t find them, use all orange carrots, This is a simple, delicous vegetable dish.
- 2 lbs. carrots, peeled, trimmed and sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 3 Tbsp. fresh chopped dill
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Place the sliced carrots in a pot, cover with cold water and add 1 tsp. salt. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the temperature to low and simmer until the carrots are just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the carrots well and set aside for a moment.
- Add the olive oil, honey, black pepper and the remaining 1/2 tsp. of salt to the pot and return to the stove over low heat. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring as it heats. Once it’s simmered for a minute, return the carrots to the pot.
- Cook another minute or two, stirring, until the carrots are glazed. Add the dill and stir through.
- Serve immediately or cool and refigerate. Warm gently, covered in a low oven or in the microwave when you’re ready to serve.
[…] Honey Dill Glazed Carrots […]