So, here’s something you should know about me. I love potatoes (cue the Forrest Gump scene). Baked, roasted, fried, mashed, scalloped, chips etc. They’re all good.
This recipe is simple but delicious. You can use the basic recipe, but change up the herbs and vinegar (or leave the vinegar out) for different flavours. Try lemon juice and oregano. The vinegar does add an extra layer of flavours, but leave the vinegar out and use mixture of thyme and chives. Whatever combination sounds good to you.
I love fingerling potatoes. They get a little crispy on the edges but are creamy on the inside. But if you can’t find them, substitute new potatoes.
Serve these alongside brisket, chicken, fish, or any other main dish. Great for Passover or anytime.
Balsamic Rosemary and Garlic Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
A simple side dish to go with anything on your dinner table. Use the basic recipe and substitute herbs, replace or remove vinegar for different flavours.
- 2 lbs. fingerling potatoes
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Put the potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water. Add 1 Tbsp. of salt, cover the pot and place over high heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes well and let them cool enough to handle.
- While the potatoes are boiling, mix the rest of the ingredients togething in a large mixing bowl. When the potatoes have cooled enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise and add them to the mixing bowl.
- Gently mix the potatoes with the rest of the ingredients so that all of the potatoes are coated. Transfer the potatoes to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spreading them out in a single layer and pouring any extra marinade over the potatoes.
- Roast the potatoes for 30 minutes, use a spatula to turn them over and bake another 15 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve!
[…] Balsamic Rosemary and Garlic Roasted Fingerling Potatoes […]
delicious creation of yours keep it up! WHEN ARE YOU GETTING TO DO CATERING?
love it delicious! are you going to start any catering?
No, I work a full time job and am busy testing recipes — no time, unfortunately.